Friday, August 02, 2019

A Weapon

On Monday about 2:30 I met a UPDF officer in full army uniform complete with a baton. He stopped me roughly: You!" 

I was coming from a lunchtime fellowship, brimming with the peace and joy of the Lord. So I stopped and turned to him confidently, "Yes officer."


He pointed at my Bible with his baton and said, "That's a weapon you're carrying!"



"Yea," I returned with a smile. "A mighty weapon!"


Then he told me how God had healed him of cancer and HIV. In fact he was coming from the Cancer Institute at Mulago to pray for patients and encourage them to turn to Jesus by faith to heal not just their bodies but also redeem their souls.


He told me that he also pastors a church in Mbuya. 


We exchanged contacts and I promised to visit some day to share more as brothers in Christ about the goodness of the Lord.

Before we parted, he pointed at my Bible and repeated, "That's a weapon!"

I left completely humbled by the passion of this officer who in gratefulness to what God did for him has to travel often from Mbuya Army Barracks to preach to patients in Mulago.

More than that I was stirred by his faith in the unfailing power and efficacy of the Word of God.




No comments:

Post a Comment